Friday, May 1, 2009

THE ABANDONED HOUSE


31.10.2001 THE ABANDONED HOUSE

In the twinkiling milky light of stars,
I spent looking there for hours.

A little far there was a house,
Big & splendid, deserted even by mouse.

What I concluded in my stay of short span,
There went never any man.

They say that the house was haunted,
I thought to go there being undaunted.

Cobwebs hung thickening dust,
But to find out truth there was a lust.

Don’t we live in this scientific age?
Still believing thus made me rage.

Having gone there to investigate.
Will you guess what did I locate?

The confused noises that woke me up everyday
Was just a litter of puppies that lay

Dying in a ditch being so helpless
Next to them was their mother lifeless

Moved I was to see their sufferings & pains
Futility of life to me it explains

The other thing that caught my attention
Was that the belief in ghosts & other superstitions
Is what we have to abandon
And not any place let it be certain…

I donot believe in so called superstitions.... supernatural...paranormal beings. I dunno.... but would want them to be someone like Bhoothnath!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment