Saturday, July 11, 2009

I wanna write a Book


I want to write a book. I am quite determined about it even if it is only for myself or may be my friends who will have no choice but go through it. But as I am on a self assessment spree, I decide to judge myself on whether I have it in me based on the traits or book content from the current breed of writers. It will also help me decide the subject that I can choose for my first book. See I have already started workin on it…. I mean you need a story to write a book…. you can direct a film sans a story but definitely not write a Book sans one… or can you??????

To start with I am NOT an MBA. So I loose out on writing a book drawn from my own experiences from the short stint away from home. What fun we had , the nostalgia, the ambiguity, and I – DON’T – KNOW- WHAT – ALL.
One more very important thing I AM INTELLIGENT ( *as in jus check out ma report card ) so I cant even SHOW OFF how I just scraped through. The other advantage that I have lost out on is storyline for sequel - the transition phase after ma first step into the really BIG BAD CORPORATE world.

No string of relationships to fall back on that could provide me with adequate “masala” or may be the required “ complexity” dimension to my story…..
Not lead a life interesting enough to discuss phases where there was a crosslane and I had to choose a road blah blah blah…………..
Never worked in an Industry exciting enough to trash it in a book yaa…..
Reminiscence……… I am not old enough…..


Harry Potter series has influenced me a lot .......so creatin another world altogther..... well this idea gets restricted as well... what has happened to my 'flight of imagination'.... flew away to no man's land wherever it exists.....

subah ki 7.40 ki local.... which I catch every morning to reach work..... ummm.... there are interesting characters & situations facin me but ...... yaa somthin can be drawn in frm there....

What do I do? I don’t even know why I want to write a book? What genre? I just hope I find out and I find out soon.

4 comments:

  1. All you need is imagination if you are going to write and also good language which I see is not much of a problem. Also most people make up stories from fragments of life they simply observe "outside".
    Good luck with your writing though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Thanx Abhay!!!
    Yup drawin from eva enrichin journey called life...mine n others....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dont worry about the genere or whatever crap, just open your laptop when you feel like pouring over some thing ans start writing it. It will automatically take shape, an inspiration is not always an outcome of a long standing experience, it can be a moment or even a fraction of a second and an omage is embedded in your living memory. Just start it there and it will fly.
    Best of luck on this venture and believe me you donot need to go to a Bschool or get bad grades or jump into a horrid corporate culture or have a string of unsuccessful relationships, or.. whatever.. Well come to think of it, I have had all of those... :P well most of those. I think I must start somewhere...
    Any suggestions on that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do not remember days we remember moments.....
    I noe its those moments u cherish... moments that make or break u....
    Compilation of some moments etched in your mind caught in the winds of time urs or others or any other fictitious being that may or may not bear any resemblance to any person living or dead.........
    U hv been writin short stories.......

    ReplyDelete